2. The cost of your insurance depends on the cost of your car. If your car is a cheap local model then it's a good idea to buy only third party, fire and theft insurance.
3. The more drivers you have the more you have to pay on your car insurance policy.
4. Check the mileage of your car. If you are using the car only for small distances, then you are eligible for a substantial discount on your premiums.
5. Actively think about taking temporary insurance for drivers who use your car infrequently.
6. Apply for third party cover for those drivers who use your car infrequently and are younger in age like teenage drivers.
7. Start accumulating a no-claims bonus as soon as possible and show it to your insurance company to ensure that you get a discount.
8. Try for safety devices like automatic seat belts, airbags, anti-theft devices, anti-lock brake devices that offer a comprehensive discount with almost all car insurance companies.
9. If you have more than one insurance policy with a single company, then you are liable for loyal or good customer discounts with the parent company.
10. Good occupations like an engineer; doctors etc all get a great discount from insurance companies as they are considered high responsibility professions.
11. If your employer has already signed you up for a group company policy with the company, you can sign up for a car insurance policy with the same company for a good discount.
12. Choose an insurance company with which you already have a policy. Getting a policy with them will just decrease the amount of premium you have.
13. Take on additional driver's education classes or a driver improvement course.
14. Another good way to find the best insurance policy for yourself is to log on to internet where you can get five free best car insurance quotes in a fraction of the time.