Wednesday, June 17, 2009
When looking at certain websites, be sure the site is not asking you for your SSN at any stage - and if they do, leave the website, and visit another. Some people are hesitant about simply giving their address, or phone number - but SSN? That is just pushing it. No one likes to give out their Social Security Number unless absolutely necessary.
How do companies provide me a quote without all that personal information? Simple - car insurance has nothing to do with your phone number, or SSN, and so on. Car insurance has to do with other factors such as the age of the driver, the sex of the driver, the car that is going to be insured, etc.. Most auto insurance quote websites start by requiring a simple Zip Submit. This is to be able to give quotes based on the state /city average, and also to find local companies. From that point on, a detailed set of questions will begin. Many people grow impatient because there are so many questions, but do not be one of those people. Every single website you visit will take you through a detailed questionnaire. And best of all, it is much faster doing it online than calling each insurance company and talking on the phone, or even in person.
So to put things in short, no, your SSN is not required in order to receive an auto insurance quote. If you visit a site that is asking for such information, do not provide it - there is a high chance you will be a victim of fraud. Think of it realistically - how would having your SSN help in giving you an auto insurance quote? Not at all, so think realistically, and do not give it out.
At Auto Insure USA, we can provide you with local car insurance companies. From there, you can go on to receive quotes from whichever company you'd like! Get on Auto Insure USA and start saving money.
2. The cost of your insurance depends on the cost of your car. If your car is a cheap local model then it's a good idea to buy only third party, fire and theft insurance.
3. The more drivers you have the more you have to pay on your car insurance policy.
4. Check the mileage of your car. If you are using the car only for small distances, then you are eligible for a substantial discount on your premiums.
5. Actively think about taking temporary insurance for drivers who use your car infrequently.
6. Apply for third party cover for those drivers who use your car infrequently and are younger in age like teenage drivers.
7. Start accumulating a no-claims bonus as soon as possible and show it to your insurance company to ensure that you get a discount.
8. Try for safety devices like automatic seat belts, airbags, anti-theft devices, anti-lock brake devices that offer a comprehensive discount with almost all car insurance companies.
9. If you have more than one insurance policy with a single company, then you are liable for loyal or good customer discounts with the parent company.
10. Good occupations like an engineer; doctors etc all get a great discount from insurance companies as they are considered high responsibility professions.
11. If your employer has already signed you up for a group company policy with the company, you can sign up for a car insurance policy with the same company for a good discount.
12. Choose an insurance company with which you already have a policy. Getting a policy with them will just decrease the amount of premium you have.
13. Take on additional driver's education classes or a driver improvement course.
14. Another good way to find the best insurance policy for yourself is to log on to internet where you can get five free best car insurance quotes in a fraction of the time.